In last week’s post, we introduced you to seven key reasons not to miss out on an Awe Star mission trip this summer (or this spring—our Mexico Spring Break Trip’s coming up soon!). Today, we present seven more reasons not to stay home from the mission field.
1. Church Connections: In every village, city or region where Awe Star works, we’ve established connections with local pastors. We’re not just winning the lost and leaving them to disciple themselves. We do our best to share names and contact information so every new believer can connect with a local congregation.
2. Language Learning: Awe Star works closely with local translators, and we perform our drama to a track in the language of the people wherever we work. But because we interact with so many nationals, you’ll have the opportunity to work on your Spanish (or Swahili, or Hungarian, or another language!) every day.
3. Cross-cultural Experience: As anyone who’s traveled overseas knows, the cross-cultural experience includes much more than language. We don’t stay in North American hotels transplanted to other countries or eat at McDonald's every day. We work with nationals, we stay in youth hostels, churches, university dorms or local hotels and we have local cooks. Our national hosts often introduce us to history, customs and other elements of their culture that add unique flair and flavor to each mission trip.
4. Worship: Since one of the four “Awe Factors” is worship and because worship makes us stronger, Awe Star makes sure each team spends time in worship every day. If you have gifts in music ministry, make sure to let your team know. Team worship time stands as one of the most popular elements of our mission trips, year after year.
5. Significant Tasks: A significant task, according to Awe Star Founder and President Dr. Walker Moore, is something you do that gives you worth and value in the eyes of those who matter to you. Every day of every trip, you’ll have the opportunity to perform tasks that matter to your teammates, from carrying their water to giving your testimony to leading in prayer for your ministry team and more. And of course, each Awe Star missionary shares in the most significant task of all: taking the gospel to the ends of the earth.
6. Relationships: When you share experiences such as bouncing over miles of dirt roads, hiking through the jungle, sailing across a clear blue lake, and pouring out your hearts to one another, relationships build. Friendships that might take months or years back home become tight bonds in a matter of days or weeks. There’s a reason we call it the Awe Star family!
7. Heartbeat of Obedience: Those with a heartbeat of obedience have laid their yes on the altar. They’ve promised to give Jesus their all so that anywhere, anyplace, anytime they will do whatever God says. Do you have a heartbeat of obedience? What is He asking you to do with your time, talents and treasure? If you need help figuring it out, please call us at 1-800-AWE-STAR. We’ll be glad to pray and help!
What reasons NOT to go MIA would you add to our list? Feel free to share in the comments or on social media!
Leave a Reply.