Buenos Dias from Nuevo Laredo,
We want to share a quick update and thank you for your prayers thus far! We are grateful to share that God’s favor has clothed us every step of the way! Yesterday on the drive down, students received country specific training and practiced sharing testimonies with each other, and a spirit of unity has begun to strengthen us already. We even had a divine encounter with a stranded family and got to share the gospel with them! Praise God, we were able to cross the border with NO problems (Thank you, Jesus!). Then last night, everyone got settled in and rested up so that we could be ready to hit the ground running today for our first full day in-country.
We are so excited to see how God is going to work in and through every member of the teams this week. As He begins to break us of ourselves and push back the darkness in our own hearts, we know His light will shine through us in this place. God wants to move, and so we walk forward with expectation! Just as He went before us on the journey here, we also trust Him to surround us wherever we walk and whatever we do. Just as He clothed us in His favor as we crossed the border, we are trusting in Him to clothe us in His mighty power through the Spirit at every ministry site on the streets, marketplaces, schools (etc.) of Nuevo Laredo.
Will You Pray for Day 2 Training?
Your missionary will spend countless hours on this day learning counts, expressions, sword fights, and everything related to the 18-minute pantomime our team will perform on the streets, in marketplaces, schools, prisons, children’s homes, and other areas of Mexico.
Please pray for:
• Attentiveness to leadership as they teach and train the drama and other ministry skills.
• Hearts ready to worship and learn as the group gathers for discipleship and training.
• Stamina for the long hours of training and change of atmosphere and culture.
• Focus in learning the drama, memorizing new Scriptures, having a quiet time, and receiving intense teaching.
• Ears to hear and receive teaching that will challenge their comfort, culture, and half-truths.
• Teachability to God’s Word as they are immersed in it.
• Desire for the truth would increase in their heart and that their eyes would be opened to the need for more truth in their lives.
-Awe Star #TeamMexico Leadership