Here are some highlights from our meeting & Important Information to read before Departure
- Everyone NEEDS a PCR COVID-19 test within 96 hours of ARRIVAL in Beirut ( This test must be taken no sooner than Jan 2 and must have results printed to travel on Jan 5th) * Rapid Tests are not accepted *Printed negative screen will be required to board flight in Tulsa.
- You will also be required to have a second COVID-19 test upon arrival in Beirut. You will pay $50 to Qatar Airlines before boarding in DFW. Most likely this will need to be charged to a credit card. *You are responsible for this cost.
- Do not forget to bring your physical passport for travel.
- The team will meet at the Awe Star office ( 7621 E 46th Place) at 10 am on January 5th. (You will get your medical bag assignment, updated travel information, and reorganize bags for check-in)
- Your vehicle can be left in our gated area and locked up while we are gone, if needed.
- We will then leave the office at 11:30am to the airport. Your family is welcome to follow.
- We will travel together as a team, but be assigned travel buddies to make managing a large team easier.
- Upon arrival in Beirut we will go through immigration/customs together.
- In customs, Dr. Joel Nunley will go first and Peggy Nunley will be last.
- We arrive on January 6th around 11:35pm, rent cars and go to our lodging.
- January 8th, the team will travel to our destinations.
- We will travel back as a team with assigned travel buddies.
- We will arrive back in Tulsa around 5:46 pm on January 13th. Your family is welcome to meet you at the airport ( please advise to wear a mask) and anyone with a vehicle will be brought back to the Awe Star office to unload. Your family is welcome to meet at the office as well.
- If you need to fly out of Tulsa please book your flight after 8pm on January 13th. If you need to stay in Tulsa that evening please let us know, we can help find lodging and get you to the airport Jan 14th if needed.
Below are some resources that will help you prepare. There is a Family Information Sheet, Carry On Checklist, & Prayer Guide that you can give to family members, and some tools that will help equip you to share with Muslims. The video below will also be used in the camps (in Arabic) to share the Prophets Story
Take a listen to this podcast before we leave.
Peggy Nunley, President of Awe Star Missions, talks with Rachel Edwards, LMFT discuss trauma, empathy and brokenness in areas of ministry that you struggle to reconcile the gospel with your own powerlessness to fix the hurt.