You’ve prayed. You’ve read our materials. And you’re still not sure. Today, we thought we’d make it a little easier for you by giving you a few quick reasons you don’t want to go MIA (Missionary InActive) this summer:
1. Fundraising: Awe Star makes fundraising as painless as possible with provisions for online giving, ideas for how you can raise the money and the experience of more than 25 years of taking students overseas. Where God guides, He provides—we’ve seen it over and over again, and we’ll be glad to help you experience it too.
2. Training and Debriefing: We don’t send you out on the mission field unprepared, and we don’t let you re-enter your home territory unprepared, either. Awe Star bookends your trip with time at Awe Star University (missionary training and equipping ) and debriefing (missionary exit strategies and preparation for continuing to live a missionary lifestyle).
3. Rite of Passage: An Awe Star mission trip is more than a mission trip. Before we ever leave the country, we ask students to lay down their adolescence and step into emerging adulthood. This means that on your trip, you’ll be given adult tasks and adult responsibilities as you learn to live the lifestyle of a missionary. It also means your life will never be the same.
4. Real Discipleship: On an Awe Star trip, you’ll spend time with God every day. You’ll have a guided quiet time and be encouraged to share what you learn in a journal and with other members of your team. You’ll experience times of teaching and learning.
5. ManUp/ReignOn: Awe Star has become known for helping students gain a biblical view of identity, including gender. ManUp/ReignOn groups focus on tough topics in a safe setting. Awe Star trips also provide students with the opportunity to practice serving one another as true brothers and sisters in Christ.
6. Gospel Focus: Every aspect of an Awe Star trip is designed around building gospel-centered relationships. Whether you’re checking in patients at a medical clinic, helping build huts in the jungles of Panama or performing as part of the “Freedom” drama, you’ll have the opportunity to share your faith.
7. Missionary Mandate: Jesus left us with what we call the Great Commission (Matt. 28:18-20): to go into all the world and make disciples. In other words, He’s already told you to go (and keep on going). Before you stay home this year, make sure He wants you there.
But wait ... there's more. Tune in next week for 7 more reasons not to go MIA! And call our office (1-800-AWE-STAR) if you need help working through your decision. We'll be glad to pray and help.